|Dr. D. V. Singh||Prof. & Head||Ph. D.||Animal Breeding||9411159980||singh_dvrat[at]rediffmail[dot]com|
|Dr. R. K.Sharma||Professor||Ph. D.||Animal Breeding||9412121081||rabendra1[at]rediffmail[dot]com|
|Dr. Jyoti Palod||Professor||Ph D.||Animal Nutrition||9412125050||palodjyoti17[at]rediffmail[dot]com|
|Dr. Shive Kumar||Professor||Ph D.||Animal Breeding||9412557576||shivekumar197[at]rediffmail[dot]com|
|Dr. C. B. Singh||Professor||Ph. D.||Animal Breeding||9458359352||drcbsingh2012[at]gmail[dot]com|
|Dr. Sanjay Kumar||Professor||Ph. D.||LPM||9410168417||sanjayyattri1[at]rediffmail[dot]com|
|Dr. Brijesh Singh||Professor||Ph. D.||Animal Breeding||9411160035||singhabg[at]rediffmail[dot]com|
|Dr. S. K. Singh||Professor||Ph D.||LPM||9411320143||sksinghlpm[at]rediffmail[dot]com|
|Dr. Anil Kumar||Professor||Ph D.||Animal Breeding||9412120959||yaduanil[at]gmail[dot]com|
Courses offered by the Department
B.V.Sc. & A.H. Courses
|S. No.||Name of the Course||Course No.||Credit Hrs.|
|1.||Livestock Production Management-I (General Principles and Ruminants)||LPM-111||4 (3+1)|
|2.||Fodder Production and Grassland Management||LPM-121||2 (1+1)|
|3.||Livestock Production Management-II (Monogastric and Laboratory Animals)||LPM-122||2 (1+1)|
|4.||Avian Production Management||LPM-211||2 (1+1)|
|5.||Livestock Farm Practice (Non-credit)||LFP-211||1 (0+1)|
|6.||Commercial Poultry Production and Hatchery Management||LPM-221||2 (1+1)|
|7.||Mule Production and Management (LPM-III)||LPM-222||2 (1+1)|
|8.||Livestock Farm Practice (Non credit)||LFP-221||1 (0+1)|
|9.||Entrepnewial Training (Broiler & Egg Prod.)||–||–|
|10.||Introduction to animal husbandry||HNH-100||2 (1+1)|
|11.||Wild life management||CFW-350||3 (2+1)|
|12.||Avian Production and Management (Old Course)||VLM-322||3 (2+1)|
|13.||Cattle and Buffalo Production and Management (Old Course)||VLM-411||2 (1+1)|
|S. No.||Name of the Course||Course No.||Credit Hrs.|
|3.||Sheep and goat production and management||LPM-602||3 (2+1)|
|4.||Swine production and management||LPM-603||2 (1+1)|
|5.||Laboratory animal production and management||LPM-604||2 (1+1)|
|6.||Shelter management||LPM-605||2 (1+1)|
|7.||Principle of environment hygiene and waste management||LPM-606||2 (2+0)|
|8.||Climatology and animal production||LPM-607||1 (1+0)|
|9.||Poultry farm and hatchery management||LPM-608||3 (2+1)|
|10.||Farm animal behavior||LPM-609||1 (1+0)|
|11.||Integrated livestock farming system||LPM-610||3 (2+1)|
|12.||Equine production and management||LPM-611||2 (1+1)|
|13.||Wild life management and conversation||LPM-612||2 (2+0)|
|14.||Livestock business management||LPM-613||2 (1+1)|
|15.||Cattle and buffalo production and management||LPM-614||3 (2+1)|
|16.||Poultry breeding and genetics||LPM-631||3 (2+1)|
|17.||Poultry nutrition and feeding||LPM-632||3 (2+1)|
|18.||Commercial layer production||LPM-633||3 (2+1)|
|19.||Commercial broiler production||LPM-634||3 (2+1)|
|20.||Breeder stock, flock health and hatchery management||LPM-635||4 (3+1)|
|21.||Management of poultry (other than chicken)||LPM-636||3 (2+1)|
|22.||Poultry products technology and marketing||LPM-637||3 (2+1)|
|23.||Poultry economics, projects and marketing||LPM-638||3 (2+1)|
|24.||Physiology of poultry production||LPM-639||3 (2+1)|
|25.||Master’s thesis research||LPM-690||20|
|S. No.||Name of the Course||Course No.||Credit Hrs.|
|1||Advances in cattle and buffalo production and management||LPM-701||3 (3+0)|
|2.||Advances in sheep and goat production and management||LPM-702||3 (2+1)|
|3.||Advances in swine production and management||LPM-703||3 (2+1)|
|4.||Advances in laboratory animal production and management||LPM-704||1 (1+0)|
|5.||Advances in poultry production management||LPM-705||3 (2+1)|
|6.||Advances in environmental management||LPM-706||2 (1+1)|
|7.||Advances in Equine management||LPM-707||2 (2+0)|
|8.||Recent advances in hatchery management||LPM-721||2 (1+1)|
|9.||Recent advances in brooding management||LPM-722||2 (1+1)|
|10.||Applied poultry nutrition||LPM-731||3 (2+1)|
|11.||Concept in commercial poultry production||LPM-732||3 (2+1)|
|12.||Development in poultry products technology||LPM-733||3 (2+1)|
|13.||Emerging diseases of poultry and flock health||LPM-734||3 (2+1)|
|14.||Advanced poultry breeding methods||LPM-735||3 (2+1)|
|15.||Poultry economics, marketing and integration||LPM-736||3 (2+1)|
|18.||Ph.D. Thesis Research||LPM-790||45|
Earn While You Learn Programme : The main object of the programme are as follows :
- To practically complete the deficiency of the courses through self learning by the interested students
- To expose the students to present market trends and problems
To encourage students for earning some money during their studiesWith the above objectives; this programme was initiated on four species, viz: Poultry, Pig, Goat and Dog. Out of these four species, the practical poultry production programme was initiated long back and made compulsory for all students of B.V.Sc. & A. H. Keeping in view its success in past; other three species of domestic and pet animals were taken into consideration recently. The programme on these species (Pig, Goat and Dog) was started from 17th Nov., 2002 by providing Rs. 10,000.00 to the team of students in presence of H/E, the then Governor of Uttaranchal, Sri S. S. Barnala.
Selected Research Publications
Dr. D.V. Singh, Prof. & Head
- Ramesh Kumar, Sanjay Kumar, Singh, D.V. (2018). “Therapeutic effect of traditionally prepared mattha and chedu on parasitic load and body coat of Murrah buffalo calves”. Indian J. Anim. Res.
- Devi, L.S., Singh, D.V., Kour, S. and Tiwari, H. (2017). Factors affecting early reproduction traits of Frieswal heifers under field conditions. J. Anim. Res. 7(2):333-338.
- Minj,S.K; Singh, D.V.; Singh, C.B.; Shiv Prasad; Kumar, S. and Kumar, A. (2016). Non-genetics factors affecting reproduction traits of Frieswal crossbred heifers/ cows under field conditions. Indian J. Anim. Prod. Mgmt. 32(3-4):166-173.
- Singh, D.V. (2015). “Tenets for the success of progeny testing program under Indian field conditions. Indian J. Anim. Genetics & Bdg. 33-34: 7-13.
- Ekanayake, B.M.M.; Singh, D.V.; Singh, S.K. and Ashok Kumar (2009). Performance of Murrah she buffaloes under cold stress amelioration measures. Indian J. Dairy Sci., 62 (1):74-75.
- Singh, D.V.; Dave, A.S.; Patel, J.R. and Bharadwaj, S. (1999). Factors affecting service period in buffaloes under field conditions. Buffalo Bulletin 18(4):75-77.
Dr. R.K. Sharma, Professor
- Kaushal, S.; Sharma, R. K.; Singh, D.V.; Singh, S.P.; Palod, J.; Shukla, S.K. and Kumar, Shive (2015). Effect of supplementation of enzymes on haemato-biochemical parameters in broiler chickens. J. Vet. Pharma .and Toxico. 14 (1): 32-35 (www.isvpt.org).
- Sharma, N. K. and Sharma, R. K. 2012. A study on training needs of dairy farmers in Udham Singh Nagar district of Uttarakhand.Ind. J. Ani. Prod. Management, 28 (1-2): 59-62.
- Sharma, N. K. and Sharma, R. K. 2011. Constraints perceived by livestock farmers in Udham Singh Nagar district of Uttarakhand. Ind. J. Ani. Prod. Management, 27 (3-4): 225-228.
- Pandey, N K, Sharma, R. K., Kumar, D. and Saxena, V. K., 2011. Molecular variability of IGF-1 gene in Indian colored broilers. Ind.Vet. J., 88 (8):34-36.
- Singh, S. K., Sharma, R. K., Kumar, D., Singh, B. and Barwal, R. S. 2010. Selection indices for desired gain in various traits of WLH hens. Ind. J. Poult. Sci., 45 (3):348.
Dr. Jyoti Palod, Professor
- K.Merina Devi, Palod, Jyoti, Singh, D.V., Singh, C.B., Dar, A.H., Singh, P.K. and Singh, V.S.2017. Effect of Pudina (menthe arvensis) leaf powder on biochemical parameters in White Leghorn . International Journal of Livestock Research 7 (7):206-216.
- Gupta, Sneh Lata and Palod, Jyoti (2014). Lean meat production in guinea fowl through homeopathic Aegle marmelos, Chelidonium majus and Boerhavia diffusa mother tincture supplementation . Indian Research Journal of Extension Education 14(4):49-51.
- Gupta, Sneh Lata, Palod, Jyoti and Patil, A.R. (2014). Effects of homeopathic mother tinctures of Bael, Chelidonium and Punarnava on growth parameters of guinea fowls. Veterinary Practitioner 15(1): 63-65.
- Palod , Jyoti and Kumar, A. (2012). Effect of chromium picolinate supplementation on growth performance in commercial layers. Indian Journal of Animal Production and Managenment 28(1-2):78-79.
- Patil, A., Palod, Jyoti, Singh,V.S. and Kumar, Ashok (2008). Effect of graded levels of chromium supplementation on certain serum biochemical parameters in broilers. Indian Journal of Animal Sciences 18 (10): 1149-52.
Dr. Shive Kumar, Professor
- Hajra, D.K. ; Kumar, Shive; Korde, J.P. ; Ghosh and Kumar, D.,2011. In candescent and fluorescent light source: Stress, performance and welfare for broiler. Indian J. Poult. Sci.46 (3) 356-360.
- Kaur, Navneet; Kumar, Shive; Singh, B.; Pandey, A K; and Somvanshi, S. P. S., 2010. Morphological characterization of feathered shank local hill fowl of Central Himalayan region of India. Indian J.Anim. Sci., 80 (9): 934-936.
- Kumar, Shive and Singh, R.P., 2009. Expected and realized response in various traits of broiler dam and sire lines. Indian J. Anim., Sci. 79 (10):1066-1068.
- Hajra, D.K. ; Kumar, Shive; Korde, J.P. ; Ghosh and Kumar, D., 2009. Effect of light source on growth and economics of commercial broiler production. Indian J. Poult. Sc., 44(2): 257-259.
- Shrestha,S.B. ; Kumar, Shive; Singh, Harpal; Singh, S.K.; Prasad, R.B. and Kumar,D., 2004. Genetic studies on growth traits in white leghorn. Indian J. Anim. Res., 38 (2) 144-146.
Dr. C.B. Singh, Professor
- Khadda, B.S.; Singh, Brijesh; Singh, D.V.; Singh, J.L.; Singh, S.K.; Singh, C.B.; Singh, Dheeraj. (2018). “Invantory of traditional ethno-veterinary practices fallowed by goat keepers in uttarakhand”. Ind.J. of traditional knowledge. 17(1): 155-161
- Singh C.B. and Kumar D. (2008) Genetic parameters of production traits of native fowl of Garhwal Himalayas. Ind. J.Poult Sci. 43(3): 361-362.
- Singh C.B. (2008) Inheritance of growth and confirmation trails in CARI Dhanraja broiler strain. Ind.J.Poult sci. 43(2): 243-244
- Singh C.B. and Jilani M.H. (2008) Genetic studies on reproductive and productive trails in German Angura Rabbits under temperate climate conditions of Garhwal Himalayas. Ind. J.Ani.Sci. 78(3): 285-288.
- Singh C.B. and Sharma R.J. (2000) Utilization of different litter materials for Raising Commercial Broilers in hilly area. Ind. J.Ani.Res. 34(I): 78-79.
- Singh C.B. and Yadav M.C. (1989) Inheritance of carcass trails of Barbari goat and its half-breds with indigenous breeds. Ind. J.Ani. Sci. 59(II): 1454-1457.
Dr. Sanjay Kumar Sharma, Professor
- Existing housing and breeding management practices adopted by dairy farmers in Tarai region of Uttarakhand (2016). Indian Journal of Animal Research.(Accepted).
- Effect of Chedu and Mattha on growth performance of Murrah buffalo calves (2016). Indian Journal of Animal Research.(Accepted).
- Effect of supplementation of Aloe vera (Aloe barbadensis) on growth performance in Crossbred Calves (2015). International Journal of Basic and applied Research.13(2), p 206-209.
- Effect of artificial suckling devices on behavior, adaption pattern and growth performance of early weaned piglets. (2014). Indian J. Anim. Res. www. arccjournal. com.B 2795 :1-5.
- Development of artificial suckling devices for early weaning and orphan piglets (2012). Indian Journal of Ani. Prod. Mgmt. 28 (1-2), p 18-21.
Dr. Brijesh Singh, Professor
- B.S.Khadda, Kanak Lata, Brijesh Singh and Raj Kumar (2017) Study of buffalo husbandry practices in rural area of central Gujarat in India . Buffalo Bulletin (January-March 2017) Vol.36 No.1
- Singh, Brijesh; Jilani M.H and Singh , Balvir (2009) Genetic parameters of egg quality traits in guinea fowl. Indian J. of Poultry Science, Indian J. Poult.Sci. 44(3): 389-391
- Shahi, B.N., Singh Brijesh and Verma S.K(2003) Inheritance of incubation traits of Guinea fowls using transformation. Indian Jour. Animal Sci. 73(1): 100-101
- Singh, Brijesh; Husain, K.Q. and Verma, S.K.(1999) Effect of strain and sex on carcass yield of Guinea Fowl. Ind. J. of Poult. Sci., 34 (2): 277-279
- Singh, Brijesh and Singh, D.S.(1993) Effect of season on quality and quantity of semen in Jersey and Murrah Buffalo bull. Indian J . Anim. Res. 27(2): 81-87.
Dr. S.K. Singh, Professor
- Dar, A.H., Singh, S. K., Palod, J., al Ain, K., Kumar, N., Khadda, B., & Farooq, F. (2017). Effect of Probiotic, Prebiotic and Synbiotic on Hematological Parameters of Crossbred Calves. International Journal of Livestock Research, 7(4), 127-136.
- Dar, A.H., Singh, S. K., Palod, J., Mondal, B. C., Kumar, A, Singh, V., Kumar, N., Khadda, B.(2017). Effect of probiotic, prebiotic and synbiotic on faecal microbial count and cell-mediated immunity in crossbred calves. B-3383 (Indian Journal of Animal Research).
- M.Patni, S.K. Singh, D.V. Singh, J.Palod, A.Kumar, M.K. Singh and S. Sahapathy (2016). Libido and physico-morphological characteristics of semen in Pantja bucks. The Indian Journal of Small Ruminants, Vol. 22(2) October, 2016. 237-239.
- Najeebullah, Singh S.K., Singh D.V., and palod J. (2011). Study on serum biochemical parameters of local Pantja Goat. Indian J. Anim. Prod. Mgt. 27(3-4) 130-132.
- Naresh chand sharma, S.K. Singh, Shive Kumar, A. Kumar and D.V. Singh (2009). Study of growth traits in local hill fowl. Indian J. Anim. Prod. Mgt. 25(3-4) 24-26.
Dr. Anil Kumar, Assoc. Professor
- Kaushal, S. ; Kumar, A. ; Palod, Jyoti; Patoo, R.A. ; Soni, R. and Singh, M.K. 2014 Haemato- Biochemical studies in Japanese quails on diet supplemented with Neem (Azadirachta indica) leaf powder. Ind. Vet J. 91 (6): 90-93.
- Kaushal, S. ; Kumar, A. ; Palod, Jyoti, Patoo, R.A. ; Singh, M. K. ;Yadav, V. ; Shinde,P.R. and Kullu, S.S. 2014. Meat composition changes on dietary supplementation of Neem (Azadirachta indica) leaf powder in Japanese quails. Vet. Pract. 15(1): 123-125.
- Kaushal, S.; Kumar, Anil; Singh, C.B.; Palod, Jyoti; Sharma, R. K.; Patoo, R.A. and Shinde, P.R. 2014. Effect of supplementing Neem (Azadirachta indica) powder on carcass traits and immunological status in Japanese quails. Ind. J. Poult. Sci., 49(3)260-64.
- Kumar, Shive; Kumar, Anil; Singh, Brijesh; Sharma, R.K.; Singh D.V.; and Singh, S.K. 2014. Study on blood biochemical parameters and carcass trait in Uttara fowl. Ind. Vet. J., 91(09):107-108.
- Shinde, P. R. ; Kumar, Anil; Palod, Jyoti; Singh, S.K. and Pattoo, R. A. 2012. Growth performance of Japanese quail on diet supplemented with chromium picolinate. Ind. Vet. J. 89(8): 83-84.