DEPARTMENT OF VETERINARY PHARMACOLOGY & TOXICOLOGY
- Pharmacokinetic, pharmacodynamic and toxicity studies of drugs and new chemical entities.
- Recommendation of rational dosage regimen of various chemotherapeutic agents based on the studies conducted in this department.
- Investigation of residual concentration of drugs and pesticides in various biological samples.
- Pharmacological screening of indigenous medicinal plants.
- Toxicological evaluation of xenobiotics in animal and cell culture models.
Selected Research Publications:
Dr. A.H. Ahmad, Professor & Head
- Shaili Srivastava, A.H. Ahmad, Indu Shekhar Thakur (2007). Removal of Chromium and pentachlorophenol form tannery effluents. Bioresource Technology 98: 1128-1132 (Nass rating 8.1)
- Ann Rahal, Amit Kumar, A.H. Ahmad and J.K. Malik (2007). Pharmacokinetics of ciprofloxacin in sheep following intravenous and subcutaneous administration. Small Ruminant Res 73: 242-245. (Nass rating 7.5)
- Sharma, P.K., Ahmad, A.H., Sharma, L.D. and Rachna Varma (2003). Pharmacokinetics of enrofloxacin and the rate of formation of its metabolite ciprofloxacin following dose i.v. and i.m. single dose administration in male buffalo calves. The Veterinary Journal, 166:101-104. (Nass rating 7.7)
- Ahmad, A.H., Bahga, H.S. and Sharma, L.D. (1995). Urinary excretion of gentamicin in normal and febrile goats. Indian Journal of Animal Sciences. 65: 1114-1115. (Nass rating 6.6)
- Ahmad, A.H., Bahga, H.S. and Sharma, L.D. (1994). Pharmacokinetics of gentamicin following single dose intravenous administration in normal and febrile goats. J. Vet. Pharmacol. & Therap. 17:369-373. (Nass rating 7.5).
Dr. S.P. Singh, Professor
- Choudhary, G. K. and Singh, S. P. and R. R. Kumar. 2018. In vitro antioxidant and anthelmintic properties of rhizome extracts of Hedychium spicatum, Indian Journal of Animal Sciences.88 (3): 44–47.
- Singh, Vineeta., Singh, S. P. Singh, M. and Kumar, A. (2018). Evaluation of Antioxidant, Hypoglycemic and Hypolipidemic Effects of the Phytoconstituents of Cinnamomum tamala in Rats. Indian J Pharm Sci .2018; 80(1):161-172.
- Choudhary,G.K. and Singh, S. P. (2017). Cytotoxic potential of rhizome extracts of Hedychiumspicatum L.in HepG2 cell line using MTT, Indian Journal of Animal Sciences. 87 (3): 313-315.
- Kumar. Josh., Singh, S. P. and Choudhary, G. K. (2016). Pharmacological evaluation of leaves of Jatropha curcas L. for anti-diabetic activity in alloxan induced diabetic rats. Indian Journal of Animal Sciences. 86 (4): 387-391.
- Shah, P., Singh, S. P., Gupta, A. K. and Kumar, A. (2016). Combined hepatoprotective activity of Murraya koenigii and Phyllanthus niruri extracts against paracetamol induced hepatotoxicity in alcoholic rats. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci., India, Sect. B Biol. Sci. DOI 10.1007/s 40011-016-0800-5.
- Shah, P., Singh, S. P. and Kumar, A. (2015). Combined effect of hydroethanolic extracts of Murraya koenigii and Phyllanthus niruri leaves on paracetamol and ethanol induced toxicity in HepG2 cell line. Current Science. 109 (7):1320-1326.
Dr. Disha Pant, Assistant Professor
- Disha Pant and Kamal Pant. 2018. Toxicity of heavy metals. In: Metallic Contamination and Its Toxicity, Daya Publishing House, Astral International Pvt. Ltd, New Delhi.pp 113-124.
- Srinivasu M., A. H. Ahmad, Nirbhay Kumar, Disha Pant and Wasif Ahmad Screening of Enrofloxacin and Its Metabolite Ciprofloxacin Residues by High-Performance Liquid Chromatography in Cow Milk of District Udham Singh Nagar, Uttarakhand. International Journal of Livestock Research. 7(7): 140-145.
- Sakthi Karthikeyan, A. H. Ahmad, Kamini Bisht, Neetu Bhatt. Disha Pande, K. Kandsamy. and T. Ramasamy, 2017 Pharmacokinetics of Ivermectin (Ivermic Super®) following Single Dose Subcutaneous Administration in Cattle Calves Current Trends in Biotechnology and Pharmacy Vol. 11 (1):16-23
- Disha Pant, S.P. Singh, and Kamal Pant, (2016). Ameliorating potential of Bacopa monnieri on oxidative stress following acetaminophen and alcohol induced toxicity in rats. J. Vet. Pharmacol. Taxicol. 15 (2):48-52.
- Disha Pant, S.P. Singh, and Kamal Pant, (2016). Ameliorating potential of Bacopa monnieri in acetaminophen and alcohol induced hepatotoxicity in rats. J. Vet. Pharmacol. Toxicol. 15 (2):48-52.
- Disha Pant, S.P.Singh, Kamal Pant and S.C. Sati (2015). Evaluation of free radical scavenging activity of hydroethanolic extract of Bacopa monnieri through DPPH assay. International Journal of Pharma Sciences and Research 6(5): 934-938.