DEPARTMENT OF LIVESTOCK PRODUCTION MANAGEMENT
Earn While You Learn Programme : The main object of the programme are as follows :
- To practically complete the deficiency of the courses through self learning by the interested students
- To expose the students to present market trends and problems
To encourage students for earning some money during their studiesWith the above objectives; this programme was initiated on four species, viz: Poultry, Pig, Goat and Dog. Out of these four species, the practical poultry production programme was initiated long back and made compulsory for all students of B.V.Sc. & A. H. Keeping in view its success in past; other three species of domestic and pet animals were taken into consideration recently. The programme on these species (Pig, Goat and Dog) was started from 17th Nov., 2002 by providing Rs. 10,000.00 to the team of students in presence of H/E, the then Governor of Uttaranchal, Sri S. S. Barnala.
Selected Research Publications
Dr. R.K. Sharma, Professor & Head
- Kaushal, S.; Sharma, R. K.; Singh, D.V.; Singh, S.P.; Palod, J.; Shukla, S.K. and Kumar, Shive (2015). Effect of supplementation of enzymes on haemato-biochemical parameters in broiler chickens. J. Vet. Pharma .and Toxico. 14 (1): 32-35 (www.isvpt.org).
- Sharma, N. K. and Sharma, R. K. 2012. A study on training needs of dairy farmers in Udham Singh Nagar district of Uttarakhand.Ind. J. Ani. Prod. Management, 28 (1-2): 59-62.
- Sharma, N. K. and Sharma, R. K. 2011. Constraints perceived by livestock farmers in Udham Singh Nagar district of Uttarakhand. Ind. J. Ani. Prod. Management, 27 (3-4): 225-228.
- Pandey, N K, Sharma, R. K., Kumar, D. and Saxena, V. K., 2011. Molecular variability of IGF-1 gene in Indian colored broilers. Ind.Vet. J., 88 (8):34-36.
- Singh, S. K., Sharma, R. K., Kumar, D., Singh, B. and Barwal, R. S. 2010. Selection indices for desired gain in various traits of WLH hens. Ind. J. Poult. Sci., 45 (3):348.
Dr. Jyoti Palod, Professor
- K.Merina Devi, Palod, Jyoti, Singh, D.V., Singh, C.B., Dar, A.H., Singh, P.K. and Singh, V.S.2017. Effect of Pudina (menthe arvensis) leaf powder on biochemical parameters in White Leghorn . International Journal of Livestock Research 7 (7):206-216.
- Gupta, Sneh Lata and Palod, Jyoti (2014). Lean meat production in guinea fowl through homeopathic Aegle marmelos, Chelidonium majus and Boerhavia diffusa mother tincture supplementation . Indian Research Journal of Extension Education 14(4):49-51.
- Gupta, Sneh Lata, Palod, Jyoti and Patil, A.R. (2014). Effects of homeopathic mother tinctures of Bael, Chelidonium and Punarnava on growth parameters of guinea fowls. Veterinary Practitioner 15(1): 63-65.
- Palod , Jyoti and Kumar, A. (2012). Effect of chromium picolinate supplementation on growth performance in commercial layers. Indian Journal of Animal Production and Managenment 28(1-2):78-79.
- Patil, A., Palod, Jyoti, Singh,V.S. and Kumar, Ashok (2008). Effect of graded levels of chromium supplementation on certain serum biochemical parameters in broilers. Indian Journal of Animal Sciences 18 (10): 1149-52.
Dr. Shive Kumar, Professor
- Hajra, D.K. ; Kumar, Shive; Korde, J.P. ; Ghosh and Kumar, D.,2011. In candescent and fluorescent light source: Stress, performance and welfare for broiler. Indian J. Poult. Sci.46 (3) 356-360.
- Kaur, Navneet; Kumar, Shive; Singh, B.; Pandey, A K; and Somvanshi, S. P. S., 2010. Morphological characterization of feathered shank local hill fowl of Central Himalayan region of India. Indian J.Anim. Sci., 80 (9): 934-936.
- Kumar, Shive and Singh, R.P., 2009. Expected and realized response in various traits of broiler dam and sire lines. Indian J. Anim., Sci. 79 (10):1066-1068.
- Hajra, D.K. ; Kumar, Shive; Korde, J.P. ; Ghosh and Kumar, D., 2009. Effect of light source on growth and economics of commercial broiler production. Indian J. Poult. Sc., 44(2): 257-259.
- Shrestha,S.B. ; Kumar, Shive; Singh, Harpal; Singh, S.K.; Prasad, R.B. and Kumar,D., 2004. Genetic studies on growth traits in white leghorn. Indian J. Anim. Res., 38 (2) 144-146.
Dr. Sanjay Kumar Sharma, Professor
- Existing housing and breeding management practices adopted by dairy farmers in Tarai region of Uttarakhand (2016). Indian Journal of Animal Research.(Accepted).
- Effect of Chedu and Mattha on growth performance of Murrah buffalo calves (2016). Indian Journal of Animal Research.(Accepted).
- Effect of supplementation of Aloe vera (Aloe barbadensis) on growth performance in Crossbred Calves (2015). International Journal of Basic and applied Research.13(2), p 206-209.
- Effect of artificial suckling devices on behavior, adaption pattern and growth performance of early weaned piglets. (2014). Indian J. Anim. Res. www. arccjournal. com.B 2795 :1-5.
- Development of artificial suckling devices for early weaning and orphan piglets (2012). Indian Journal of Ani. Prod. Mgmt. 28 (1-2), p 18-21.
Dr. Brijesh Singh, Professor
- B.S.Khadda, Kanak Lata, Brijesh Singh and Raj Kumar (2017) Study of buffalo husbandry practices in rural area of central Gujarat in India . Buffalo Bulletin (January-March 2017) Vol.36 No.1
- Singh, Brijesh; Jilani M.H and Singh , Balvir (2009) Genetic parameters of egg quality traits in guinea fowl. Indian J. of Poultry Science, Indian J. Poult.Sci. 44(3): 389-391
- Shahi, B.N., Singh Brijesh and Verma S.K(2003) Inheritance of incubation traits of Guinea fowls using transformation. Indian Jour. Animal Sci. 73(1): 100-101
- Singh, Brijesh; Husain, K.Q. and Verma, S.K.(1999) Effect of strain and sex on carcass yield of Guinea Fowl. Ind. J. of Poult. Sci., 34 (2): 277-279
- Singh, Brijesh and Singh, D.S.(1993) Effect of season on quality and quantity of semen in Jersey and Murrah Buffalo bull. Indian J . Anim. Res. 27(2): 81-87.
Dr. S.K. Singh, Professor
- Dar, A.H., Singh, S. K., Palod, J., al Ain, K., Kumar, N., Khadda, B., & Farooq, F. (2017). Effect of Probiotic, Prebiotic and Synbiotic on Hematological Parameters of Crossbred Calves. International Journal of Livestock Research, 7(4), 127-136.
- Dar, A.H., Singh, S. K., Palod, J., Mondal, B. C., Kumar, A, Singh, V., Kumar, N., Khadda, B.(2017). Effect of probiotic, prebiotic and synbiotic on faecal microbial count and cell-mediated immunity in crossbred calves. B-3383 (Indian Journal of Animal Research).
- M.Patni, S.K. Singh, D.V. Singh, J.Palod, A.Kumar, M.K. Singh and S. Sahapathy (2016). Libido and physico-morphological characteristics of semen in Pantja bucks. The Indian Journal of Small Ruminants, Vol. 22(2) October, 2016. 237-239.
- Najeebullah, Singh S.K., Singh D.V., and palod J. (2011). Study on serum biochemical parameters of local Pantja Goat. Indian J. Anim. Prod. Mgt. 27(3-4) 130-132.
- Naresh chand sharma, S.K. Singh, Shive Kumar, A. Kumar and D.V. Singh (2009). Study of growth traits in local hill fowl. Indian J. Anim. Prod. Mgt. 25(3-4) 24-26.
Dr. Anil Kumar, Professor
- Kaushal, S. ; Kumar, A. ; Palod, Jyoti; Patoo, R.A. ; Soni, R. and Singh, M.K. 2014 Haemato- Biochemical studies in Japanese quails on diet supplemented with Neem (Azadirachta indica) leaf powder. Ind. Vet J. 91 (6): 90-93.
- Kaushal, S. ; Kumar, A. ; Palod, Jyoti, Patoo, R.A. ; Singh, M. K. ;Yadav, V. ; Shinde,P.R. and Kullu, S.S. 2014. Meat composition changes on dietary supplementation of Neem (Azadirachta indica) leaf powder in Japanese quails. Vet. Pract. 15(1): 123-125.
- Kaushal, S.; Kumar, Anil; Singh, C.B.; Palod, Jyoti; Sharma, R. K.; Patoo, R.A. and Shinde, P.R. 2014. Effect of supplementing Neem (Azadirachta indica) powder on carcass traits and immunological status in Japanese quails. Ind. J. Poult. Sci., 49(3)260-64.
- Kumar, Shive; Kumar, Anil; Singh, Brijesh; Sharma, R.K.; Singh D.V.; and Singh, S.K. 2014. Study on blood biochemical parameters and carcass trait in Uttara fowl. Ind. Vet. J., 91(09):107-108.
- Shinde, P. R. ; Kumar, Anil; Palod, Jyoti; Singh, S.K. and Pattoo, R. A. 2012. Growth performance of Japanese quail on diet supplemented with chromium picolinate. Ind. Vet. J. 89(8): 83-84.